Lawyer representing Diddy quits forward of federal intercourse trafficking trial – Nationwide

A defence lawyer representing Sean “Diddy” Combs has filed a movement to step down because the rapper’s lawyer, in accordance with authorized paperwork filed on Thursday.
Within the movement filed in New York Federal Courtroom, Anthony Ricco notified the decide of his intent to withdraw and mentioned there are “enough causes” protected by lawyer/shopper privilege.
“Though I’ve offered Sean Combs with the excessive stage of authorized illustration anticipated by the courtroom, by no means can I proceed to successfully function counsel for Sean Combs,” he wrote.
He declined to enter the particular particulars as to why he was leaving Diddy’s authorized group, however he did be aware it adopted discussions with the music mogul’s lawyer, Marc Agnifilo.
Ricco mentioned that his movement for withdrawal of counsel “is not going to end in a delay of the current schedule for the graduation of jury choice and trial, or the current schedules for briefing of pretrial authorized points.”
Within the movement, which needs to be permitted by a decide, Ricco added that there “will likely be no lapse in illustration” as Diddy will proceed to be represented by 5 different attorneys on document.
“With out violating any side of the legal professional/shopper privilege, or in any other case offering any particulars in anyway on the grounds supporting the appliance, the federal government has been notified of the submitting of the movement to withdraw as counsel. The federal government takes no place on the movement searching for withdrawal of counsel for Sean Combs,” the submitting reads.

Diddy is at present dealing with greater than 30 civil lawsuits. He’s awaiting a federal felony trial on intercourse trafficking and racketeering, scheduled for Might 5. If convicted, Diddy faces life in jail.

Get each day Nationwide information
Get the day’s high information, political, financial, and present affairs headlines, delivered to your inbox as soon as a day.
He has pleaded not responsible to the intercourse trafficking costs lodged towards him after his September 2024 arrest. He stays incarcerated with out bail.
Final month, prosecutors added new particulars to their indictment towards Diddy, accusing him of intercourse trafficking not less than three ladies and dangling somebody off a resort balcony throughout a two-decade racketeering conspiracy.
Prosecutors added 4 years to the size of Diddy’s alleged racketeering conspiracy within the revised indictment, saying it lasted from about 2004 to 2024. The unique indictment mentioned the conspiracy started in 2008.
The refreshed indictment additionally said that there are not less than three feminine victims and listed them as “Sufferer-1,” Sufferer-2″ and “Sufferer-3,” in accordance with courtroom paperwork considered by International Information.
Prosecutors mentioned Diddy used his “energy and status” within the leisure trade to intimidate, threaten and lure ladies, usually beneath the pretense of a romantic relationship.
The indictment said that Diddy “abused, threatened, and coerced ladies and others round him to meet his sexual wishes, shield his status, and conceal his conduct.”

It mentioned he subjected his victims to violence, threats of violence, threats of economic and reputational hurt and verbal abuse. The allegations additionally declare that he “manipulated ladies to take part in extremely orchestrated performances of sexual exercise with male business intercourse staff.”
In an announcement, Diddy’s lawyer, Agnifilo, mentioned the submitting has “no new offenses” and claimed that the prosecutions’ concept “stays flawed.”
“The federal government has added the ridiculous concept that two of Mr. Combs’ former girlfriends weren’t girlfriends in any respect however had been prostitutes. Mr. Combs is as dedicated as ever to preventing these costs and successful at trial,” Agnifilo added.
© 2025 International Information, a division of Corus Leisure Inc.